Friday, January 25, 2008

Adieu

Well, I'm almost ready. The bags are packed, the house is relatively clean. I'm leaving for Washington D.C. in a few hours and then tomorrow I'm on the plane to the United Kingdom.

I woke up this morning not feeling well at all and worried that my sinus infection might be returning. I called my doctor's office and pleaded with them to give me another round of antibiotics to take with me just in case. Fortunately, they called in a prescription for me. I do feel better this afternoon, but I don't want to take the chance of going over there and then getting terribly sick. I don't relish wasting a day of my vacation in a British health clinic. I'd rather have the pills with me and not take them than get over there and wish I had them.

I forgot to update everyone on my haircut. I've gotten rave reviews from friends and family, and even my husband liked it once I styled it. He said my hairstylist made it look too helmet-like and it scared him.

I may try to post while I'm "across the pond" -- my friend is bringing a laptop and I could probably get online over there and type up a few lines. But I won't promise anything, because something tells me we'll be busy busy busy.
Wish me safe travels and I will post lots of pictures when I return.

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Bea said...

"Have more fun." A great goal from Eddy.

Jocelyn said...

Hope you have a wonderful time, looking forward to reading about it when you get back.